9.17.2011

Smelly Smelly

Smelly lunch bag/box/cooler...
So the hubs and boys had hot dogs today and the wrappers were left behind in my lunch bag. Whew did it smell when I unzipped it after the games today! I have tried this in my fridge at work, and thought I'd give it a run on the plastic lining of my lunch bag so every day doesn't smell like a hot dog. Simply take vanilla extract (eeks...I don't have the real thing right now, just some cheap ol' imitation!)...
...and a slightly wet paper towel, and pour some extract on the paper towel....

...then wipe down the plastic lining of your lunch bag/box/cooler, etc...Mine smells just fine now! 



Smelly kitchen from cooking fish, bacon, etc...

If you know me and have been to my home or classroom you know I'm all about a great Scentsy wax or candle going. I love to cook and so does my oldest son (lately it's been fish and bacon, bacon and fish, not necessarily together). Try this technique to rid your kitchen of the lingering smell of something you cooked hours ago by baking some cinnamon on a baking sheet...

You can grate some cinnamon sticks or sprinkle it on (sometimes I use pumpkin pie spice to mix it up).

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes and your family will think you are baking cookies or a pie and your kitchen will no longer smell of fish and bacon, or bacon and fish! 


Smelly vacuum canister or bag...

For some reason my vacuum canister smelled of dog today, not a smell I'd like to SPREAD around the house. Maybe it was used accidentally in the garage or near a dog crate? Who knows...but the solution was found in my spice cabinet again! Now Martha may not approve of this, nor may the vacuum manufacturers...but let's live on the edge a little!
Ha, I sprinkled some ground cloves on the tile and sucked them up, whalla...the canister smells just perfect now! 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...