1.18.2012

Cheesy "broc star" soup

This week's What's Cooking Wednesday comes 
to you from my faithful Hungry Girl Cookbook...

Cheesy "broc star" soup (1 serving) 

Ingredients:
1 tray Green Giant Just for One! Broccoli & Cheese Sauce
1/2 cup plain light soymilk
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss Cheese, chopped into pieces
Salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions: 
Prepare Broccoli & Cheese Sauce, pull film back slightly to vent. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
Pull film back all the way but don't remove, and stir in cheese wedge pieces.
Place film back over tray and microwave another 45 seconds, mix well and cool slightly.
Place broccoli-cheese mixture in blender with soy milk, blend at medium speed until pureed.
Transfer to microwave safe bowl, heat for 45 seconds, add salt and pepper to taste, enjoy! 

Serving 1 cup- 125 calories, 5.75g fat, 796 sodium, 11.5 carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 7g protein

Photobucket

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

This sounds YUMMMY Mel.. I'm certain to try it before this winter is over.. MMMM... Thanks for sharing : ))

Veronica said...

Yummm! Sounds so good!

LeAnn ~ My Day In The Making said...

I have a son that loves broccoli. He gets home from classes around lunch time.I think I will make this for him and see if he likes it.

Carly said...

Hi Melodee! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you in a fun little game on my blog. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...