1.25.2012

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes

For What's Cooking Wednesday it's breakfast for dinner night!! 
My kids totally {love} these nights, and really gobble 
up pancakes with stuff mixed in like these...

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes 

Ingredients:
One ripe banana, mashed
Cinnamon sticks and grater or ground cinnamon
Pancake batter:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 1/4 cups milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions: 
In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Add mashed banana and fold into mix. 
Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium heat , pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, use about 1/4 cup for each pancake. As soon as you put the batter on the griddle grate cinnamon onto the uncooked side (or sprinkle cinnamon), flip when bubbles appear and brown on other side. Serve with the goodies you love~ butter, maple syrup, peanut butter?? yum! enjoy! 


sprinkle cinnamon as soon as you drop batter onto pan or griddle...

enjoy! 

I've gotta add this! My middle son loves Jack Johnson, and 
last summer we had the chance to attend a super fun concert of his...
just hearing this song makes my kids instantly request 
Banana Pancakes for dinner....so cute, I love it! 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

WHY must THOU tease my diet.. These LOOK SOOO AMAZINGLY yummmy.. I almost can smell them (lollol<--so greedy!!).. YUM...

LeAnn ~ My Day In The Making said...

I like the sound of that, "What's Cooking Wednesday". The song made it especially fun and unique. I read this posting on the what to use when that photo place closes and I though of you. Here is the link if you want to check out what people suggested. People shared some other free places that I had never heard of. PS. I am working on the game and hope to post it soon. :)
http://www.gwennypenny.com/2012/01/how-do-i-live-without-you-picnik.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GwennyPenny+%28Gwenny+Penny%29

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh that looks so good, I love breakfast for dinner! Don't tell your son what a dud your blogging friend is, but I have no idea who Jack Johnson is LOL!

Carol

Kassi at Truly Lovely said...

I LOVE that song! When I saw your title immediately thought of that song!

Life In The Thrifty Lane said...

Looks delicious!

Larain said...

Until recently I lived in Byron bay Australia and jack Johnson spends a lot of time there, lots of concerts I can understand your SOS liking him

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...