1.28.2012

What I'm Reading

Real books or the Kindle?
yikes I don't know which I prefer!
The hubs got me a Kindle for Christmas,
and I certainly love it....but I'm teetering...

anywhooo, this is what I've been reading lately:

I LOVE Picoult's writing, reading this on my free time...
The Pact: A Love Story
The Pact by Jodi Piccoult
you can find it on Amazon
(used from $0.01!)

and this:
Far different than Picoult...Connelly is my fave mystery writer
(I juggle between at least two books at a time. always.)
Product Details
The Drop by Michael Connelly
Amazon


For work, reading with my core language arts group:


Product Details
The Giver by Lois Lowry
Amazon
I'd never read The Giver before (although Number the Stars
is one of my all time favorite books, also by Lowry)...
a terrific sci-fi (although not what Lowry would
categorize the genre as...she said it is often name so)
makes you think about the rules we place on ourselves in society.



War Horse: (Movie Cover)
War Horse by Michael Morpurgo 
Just in the library, an ENTIRE class set! Yippeeee! 
My intervention class will be the FIRST to read from these!!


The Outsiders
The Outsiders  by S.E. Hinton
Awe, we just finished this last week, all time fave...
tons of kids HOOKED on reading thanks to Hinton! 

How lucky am I that I get paid to read at work???
What's on your nightstand (or desk if you teach language arts)??
Any suggestions to add to the Kindle? 

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Jodi Picoult books - thought I don't think I've read The Pact..I might have to look into that one!
The Teachers’ Cauldron

Marilyn said...

Hmm, I have to check out The Pact, haven't heard of that.. Thanks for the amazing book list.. I'm off to google and read about a few in hopes of getting one or two.. : )) TY Mel..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...