1.07.2015

happy new year

we've had the best break ever.... 
this week we had a fun trip to L.A. to see the Pompeii exhibit
(and to eat, shop, eat some more....walk the city, etc...) 
my best girlfriends and I took some of our crew
(they are getting older, our numbers are fewer) how cute are these guys? 


love them to pieces...
admission to the Pompeii exhibit included the Endeavour Space Shuttle, as well....amazing...
how cool to be in the presence of this vessel...

if you're in Cali and can make a trip to L.A.'s California Science Center, 
do it before Jan 11th.... this is a super neat/educational/incredible exhibit...
it is thought that the temperatures reached 570 degrees
causing instant rigor mortis (thus the in motion poses)


soooo, a few fun things....
check out Jeanne Oliver's blog for a lovely, free 
class HERE (she's adorable, and the class includes 
a weekly devotional and a decorating/design element) 

AND my favorite HGTV friends are back..
Fixer Upper is on Tuesdays at nine  ~YIPPEE~


I kept these little battery operated copper lights out from 
the Christmas decor....I just love them draped along the mantle...


I have a lamp obsession...just found this concrete base
lamp at Kirkland for twenty bucks (shade included)
....how could I pass it up?
although I miss Christmas around the house, 
I do love some simple decor like these succulents...
I am hoping for rain...we had about one day of rain,
then a freak snow storm....and in a moment of weakness I 
ordered myself some Hunter boots with my nordies gift card....
do I dare keep them? will we ever have rain again? haha :)
happy new year :) welcome 2015...

Photobucket

1 comment:

GnomeLover said...

Awesome! So glad to see your museum pictures! Very cool! I had no idea "Fixer Upper" was back on. It is my favorite HGTV show, too! What about when he almost ran her over with the jeep?! Aaaahhhhh! you look beautiful in the pictures! And I love your new lamp!

Jenni

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...